Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ready to roll


Its Thursday May 17th 2007, I have come to terms with having to get all my Mise en place ready for my cycling adventure this Spring and Summer. The bike is all ready to roll and I have been busy breaking it in.
I spent last Sunday messing around with fenders and racks getting everything dialed. I do admit that spending countless hours tweaking a bike for a journey has a really nice feeling.

My Friend Chris Lane, from Experience Cycling in Maple Ridge ordered in a Rocky Mountain Sherpa for my trip. It is a 55 cm frame with Shimano Tiagra components, as much as I love Campy it does get you very far in when something goes wrong in Hope and Canadian tire is all out of freewheel cassettes.

The bike is almost set up I have some balancing to do with the load and some grocery shopping to do this weekend and I should be all set by early next week.

No comments: