Saturday, June 2, 2007

Le Tour Part Two Day Two

Wednesday May 30th, 2007
I am a little tired from the previous long day but my day starts off right with a pleasant breakfast and Delicious orange juice. I head out of town and ride towards the village of radium. I am quite tired from the short sleep and decide to just suck it up. I quickly pass through Cranbrook and proceed to ride through the historical B.C town of Fort Steel. I continue to grind away at the concrete when the highlight of my day approaches. I see a large stone shaped object crawling across the road. What is that thing I think to myself? Then my LED light turns on and I realize that it is a turtle attempting to cross the highway from one pond to another. This symbolizes to me exactly what I was attempting. To ride my bicycle from the Pacific ocean to the Atlantic Ocean. Myself like the turtle were both small objects on a huge highway ready to pursue our dreams of seeing another pond and ready to avoid any obstacles that may approach our paths. I decide to take a quick break from my trip and help my turtle friend across his huge path as did my fellow Canadians with my trip. I quickly pick up the turtle and take a picture of the two of us, I say my goodbye and wish him luck on his journey.

I then arrived in Radium and happen to stay in a hostel with my friend's Matt Alexander and Emma Kendal who just happen to be staying there as well. I rode 152.67 kms and saw a few deer along the way.

No comments: