Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Le Tour Section 3 Day 7

After waking up in my motel room in Moosman I headed to Brandon Manitoba. The day was going really smooth till I ran into some tar on the road and tried to clean my bicycle in a mud puddle. That was not a good idea, in the prairies they have mud called "gumbo" which basically bonds onto your bicycle like epoxy and has a viscosity similar to molasses. I ended up spraying my bike down with a faucet from a near by park and using my hands to remove the mud. It took a fair amount of messing around, I ended up using a pressure washer in a near by town.

We arrived in Brandon and stayed with a friend of a friend's parents in the downtown area. Ken took great care of us and he is a really kind and generous soul. He was amazing, Thanks again Ken. You rock. We stayed in Ken's home which is a classic Victorian home full of aboriginal art and and eclectic music memorabilia. Ken was really into music and I had a great time with him listening to Neil Young and hearing about his travels and music. I rode 144.7 km's to Brandon Manitoba where the road does not have a shoulder. You basically balance on the white line and pray that no one runs you over.

No comments: