Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Le Tour Section 3 Day 2

I woke up early in Bassano and threw my saddle bags on my trusted steed and prepared to ride out of that small town in Alberta. My next destination point was Medicine Hat Alberta. It was another hot day in Alberta and we had some slight winds and a few hills along the way. I was still acclimatizing to the flat lands and the blistering heat. I quickly realized that the prairies were not flat and that there were hills to go up in the prairies. I went for a quick cycle around Medicine Hat and checked out the local hot spots and Architecture. The city is quite quaint and I would recommend seeing it if you ever pass through.

I stopped in to the local grocery store and checked out what they had to offer. They had a great assortment of pickled hogs feet, Bologna's, and pickled eggs. I stayed with a friend of Matt's in Medicine Hat and we cooked up another high carb meal, spaghetti and tomato sauce with lots of peppers, spinach, onions, and garlic.

I rode 161.4kms in the heat and dust that day. After dinner I quickly fell asleep enjoying the comforts of sleeping in an air conditioned home.

No comments: