Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Le Tour Section 3 Day 5

I woke up early in my motel room in Moosie Saskatchewan to see clear sky's and light winds. Yesterday's sacrifice was worth it, I then headed to Moosejaw for lunch. I found a great bakery in town called "The Dutch Bakery" where I found some great cinnamon buns, Saskatoon berry tarts and poppy seed pastries. I was craving pastries after staring at wheat fields over the past few days, I thought I had just blown ten dollars and it was only $2.67! A cinnamon bun was fifty cents! I told the girl at the counter about my trip and she cringed, I think that it annoyed her that someone was that crazy. Oh well.

We then rode to the Econolodge in Regina where the manager gave me a fifty percent discount on the room, Thanks again! I was eager to go explore the city and have dinner so I hoped on a bus and went to see Regina's downtown core. I was impressed with Regina and recommend going there if you are ever in Saskatchewan. The city has a comfortable feel with a modern buildings and lots of sculptures around the city. I found an awesome Thai restaurant and I really enjoyed the spicy flavours of curry, quite the contrast to bologna in Medicine Hat. The day was great and I rode 189 Km's and was I was happy to get a nice sleep.

No comments: