Thursday, June 21, 2007

Le Tour Section Five Day Four

Matt woke up early and was ready to get the day started at our usual six a.m. start and be on our way to Sault St. Marie Ontario. The weather was very cold and riding was tough until around ten a.m.. The weather warmed up quickly until every ten minutes we would descend down to Lake Superior and get a cold blast of a strong cold wind blowing, chilling any exposed skin. We then stopped in at a local artisan/craft store where I found some local delicacies, smoked pickerel and homemade butter tarts. The smoked pickerel fillet was only .89, I guess the tourists were more set on sampling ice cream then local varieties of Poisson!

We then finished our 215.8 Km ride to Sault St. Marie where a really nice employee of the Motel Eight in town gave us a great rate on a room. Thanks again Josh! I would also like to recommend these motels to anyone travelling, they are clean and reasonably priced.

For dinner Matt and I bankrupted a local all you can eat Chinese buffet dinner! I don't know if the dinner did more damage to me though? We also hit the 4000km marker and we are at 4222.5km's from Vancouver!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It was truly a pleasure to meet you two guys. You are an inspiration to me. What you guys are doing is amazing and awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Take care and good luck on the rest of your journey.

May the wind forever be at your back and the sun always shine upon you.

Josh