Thursday, June 21, 2007

Le Tour Section Four Day Three

We woke up at six and saw that it was raining cats and dogs and thought we would try an extra hour or two of sleep. That plan seemed to work and we headed out of Dryden. We had no destination, the perfect day what could be better than to ride like a maniac all day and sleep in the woods?

We rode all day until about ten a' clock at night when we arrived in the middle of now where we realized that everything in the middle of now where was closed. We set up camp in a gas station's back yard and battled the black flys in efforts to make a simple meal of whole wheat pasta and pesto. The Black flys were relentless they attacked my face, legs, hands,ears, enough to make even the most collected soul go a little crazy. Luckily for myself I had a secret weapon know commonly as deet, it was a deadly 245ml with spray tip! Wammo! Deet worked out for the best, the carbohydrates from the pasta helped the next day as well. After quickly setting up camp I tried to wash the toxic deet off of me and then sprinted to the tent in my boxer shorts trying to out run those little nibblers. I was now ready to go to sleep I was all bundled up in my bivy sack and I tried to destroy the last of them from my bag before they nibbled on me all night. We rode 217.9 Km's that long buggy day.

No comments: