Thursday, June 28, 2007

Le Tour Section Five Day Six Blind River to Sudbury

I quickly packed up my camp gear and rode down to Tim Horton's to socialize with the locals in Blind River Ontario. I had a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese while I chatted with two Quebecois brothers who were riding from Quebec to British Columbia and were planning on riding threw Michigan and avoiding Northern Ontario.

The day flew by rather quickly after meandering up and down small hills enjoying the warm weather. Matt rode ahead in efforts to find a bike shop to fix his wheel that had shed a few more spokes. I then met him at a grocery store in town where he was charming the local moms in his spandex. When I met up with Matt he was ecstatic about this nice woman he met at the grocery store. Our soon to be new friend Margot offered us a place to camp and told Matt that she and her husband Tony had done some bicycle touring in the past. Margot really loved it when people invited them into their homes. Matt and I then continued over to there home where we were greeted by Jenny who was a friend of theirs taking care of Ontario's cutest sisters, Meridith and Jill. We spent sometime getting to know the girls and learning about Sudbury the nickel capital. We were now on the 4545.7 Km mark and ready for bed.

No comments: